Monday 10 October 2016

Milestones & Designer Purchases

As much as I am a firm believer in minimizing one's wardrobe (a future post) and lifestyle, and also saving money - I love designer products.  

I don't own any luxury designer products like Chanel or YSL but I would like for that to change. 

However, the stigma attached to designer brands gets in the way of a happy and guilt-free purchase. 
My husband rolls his eyes every time "Chanel" is uttered from my mouth, haha. 

But the urge for designer pieces doesn't exactly flutter away that easily. So I created a wishlist, late last night,  of all the items that I would love to own and then logged onto my online bank account. 
Let's just say, it wasn't a match made in heaven. 

My stomach churned in worry if I would ever be able to earn and save enough money to buy something that makes me happy.

Of course, I can. After all, money is not my master, but my slave (in less harmful terms).
I'd have to adjust my spendings and savings to my own lifestyle and think about my long-term goals, which are a handful of conformist dreams - the house, the kids, the ultimate retirement. 

I sat up in bed and scrolled through my Pinterest, trying to wipe the bad taste of anxiety away from my mouth and that's when I came across this image. 

(image from Pinterest) 

START WHERE YOU ARE.
Not where anyone else is. 
Currently: I am a full-time Uni student who earns a decent amount of money and works hard at Uni. 

USE WHAT YOU HAVE.
I have good saving skills and milestones in life that are to come.  

DO WHAT I CAN. 
Me. Not those YouTubers whom I can't possibly measure my life too. 

The end result = save money for wishlist items and purchase them when I hit a life milestone. That way I don't have extreme guilt and it's not too much for my bank account (or husband) to handle. 
Responsibility? Check.

Also, a little PSA, I suppose. When thinking or purchasing a designer piece, be sure buy something that suits your lifestyle. Not the YouTuber who watch, or the girl who eyes your things like a magpie. Buy something that fits your wardrobe and life.

So what are these milestones and designer purchases I dream about?  

1. Gucci Princetown Embroidered Leather Slippers | $825  
Ugh. Never have a pair of shoes made my heart skip a beat more than these Gucci loafers. I want them all...

When? I get into Sydney University for my second year of my undergrad in 2017. 

2. YSL Card Holder | $330

When? I turn twenty-one in 11 days.

3. Chanel Medium Classic Flap in Lambskin | $3780

Need I say more?

When? I graduate from the undergraduate program in 2018.

With, dedication to my savings plan and my undying want for these items - I think hope this wishlist becomes part of my wardrobe. 

 It's not wrong to want nice things, it's actually human nature to get the best for yourself. 

In the end, this may just be a post I write to make myself feel better, but hey, at least my family now know what I want, haha. 

In the words of Ms. Beauregarde; "eyes on the prize Violet, eyes on the prize". 


No comments:

Post a Comment